Sunday, April 12, 2009

Project: Guest Bath- DONE!

It has been a productive weekend! I had Friday off from work--which i spent a good portion of the day doing nothing. Watched some TV, played on internet. It was nice. I was planning on going errand-running that morning, but didn't want to go by myself. There have been several muggings of women in the parking lots right around here so I thought best to wait for hubby to come home from work. I decided finally to get out at about 2pm. What was I worried about it--there were thousands of people out and about. So much so, that I came home without going anywhere. The traffic really tries my patience.

Sometimes I think I could use some therapy due to the traffic!!

So, we finally went Friday evening to get a few things (Aric driving me!). He had the great idea of looking for our new bathroom mirror at Garden Ridge! Brilliant. We started at Lowe's, but the selection was limited and the price was high. Found the mirror and some appropriately cool art work at GR. Our plan is to add more decor to the ocean theme with some great pictures from our vacation coming up in ONE WEEK! yeah!

I also worked on the guest room. Hubby likes to use the guest room as storage for all his work equipment and boxes- so much, in fact, that I could barely open the door to the room! So, got that cleaned out since we are having guests next weekend! I had some curtains too that I hadn't hung up yet. Really love the colors in my guest room!

Yes, I hung the curtain rod, towel bar, hand towel hook, and the wall art by myself using hubby's drill. Only one small mishap/injury--not bad for all that! I knocked the (heavy) drill off the stepstool where it promptly landed on the top of my foot. Hurt so bad! Hubby asked how it happened--it is just one of those "Kelly moments". It involved losing my balance- of course.

So the weekend was a success in my goal of project completion. I am so excited to be going on vacation in one week. Steve's parents are coming down to housesit and babysit our beloved dog. It is so great of them to do that! Now they will have a functional bathroom to use and a room to sleep in! Which is more than I could offer last week!

Here are a few pictures! Some "befores" and "afters".

guest room


before

after

No comments:

Post a Comment